Friday, December 14, 2018

December 14, 2018 - When it sticks.

It was only -5°C this morning and the sky was clear.
I had chosen a perfect day to take some time off work and since yesterday, I couldn't get "La Balance" out of my head. Not that I really wanted it to ...
When I parked at Cuvier, it was still -2°C, and I feared that the mild Northeastern wind would make it feel even more freezing cold.
It was cold, but there was less wind than I expected and the low sun made it very bearable. While climbing, it even felt very comfortable, and the conditions were great!

After a short warmup, I walked over to "La Balance", an ultra classic problem with bad slopers from start to end. One that isn't finished until you actually stand straight on top of the boulder.
I was surprised how quickly I managed to work my way to the end today. The conditions almost couldn't have been better!
Really glad to finally tick this beautiful classic off!

Fontainebleau - Cuvier - La Balance 7C+(7C)




With everything else being a bonus, I played around a bit here and there, and found a new project in "Coup de Feel", which came close to a send. Maybe a spotter would be more motivating.

No comments:

Post a Comment