Sunday, October 21, 2018

October 21, 2018 - Last bits.

The after Summer is on its last bits, and so was I for the weekend.
Having planned to meet Dave and Svenneke at Rocher de Bouligny this morning, I had a lazy Sunday in mind.
I didn't look up any boulders before leaving, I was going to let the others take the lead and see where it will bring me and decide at that moment what to climb.
I had never been further than "Le Plat Pays" though, so I did make the suggestion to walk to the back of the area and work our way back, more or less.

While the others were looking for their warm up, I found mine in "Tumeur d'Amour (assis)". With its last registered repetition back in 2011, it required some cleaning though.
Maybe it was because my body still needed a wake up call, but this one turned out to be harder than it looked and I had expected it to be.

Fontainebleau - Rocher de Bouligny - Tumeur d'Amour (assis) 6C+(7A)




I joined Dave and Svenneke who were trying "Pair de Claques", which I flashed quickly, followed by its sitstart on my first attempt.
As I had the impression that it felt hard enough to flirt with the 7th degree range, I looked it up on bleau.info where it was confirmed to be 7A, so I repeated it as quickly again for the video for my "archives".

Fontainebleau - Rocher de Bouligny - Pair de Claques (assis) 7A




Next stop was at the beautiful big boulder of "La Citadelle" where I had some fun playing around with the others.
While having fun, I did some traverse variation that also felt like coming close to 7A, but couldn't find it registered anywhere.
I asked Dave to film it and for now, I named it "Tendresse (retour bas)".
Start at "La Citadelle", traverse to the right with the beautiful pinch undercling, stay low while going more right and finish in the easy "Le Pince-Nez".

Fontainebleau - Rocher de Bouligny - Tendresse (retour bas) 7A




We finished with a sending train of the technical slab next to it.
Next week it will start getting cold, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment