Friday, October 19, 2018

October 19, 2018 - Sleep, work, eat.

Sleep, work, eat, repeat.
That's how I would describe the best how my work week was.
Besides driving through it on my way to work or back home, I didn't set a foot in the forest once, and even while driving, in my head, I was exporting data, filtering it, creating input files and writing scripts, moving emailboxes and so on. My head was full of it.
Even though I worked quite some overtime again this week, I didn't have the possibility to stop earlier today.
Nevertheless, as I (try to) avoid working overtime on Fridays, I had some free time after work and stopped at Cuvier Bellevue on my way home.

It had been a while since last time that I climbed in Cuvier Bellevue but frankly, I didn't really care where I was going, as long as it was in the forest and it involved climbing boulders. The choices are legion, for there are many.
The forest smelled marvellous and I enjoyed wading through the dry brown ferns, making my way towards the first boulders. There was nobody else around and it felt just perfect.

The first boulder I settled at was "Kettle Bell", a small compression problem where only the first two moves are difficult. However, didn't feel difficult enough, I'm going to keep it on soft 7B.

Fontainebleau - Cuvier Bellevue - Kettle Bell 7B(7B+)




I had already tried "Crypte Show" once before, but had quickly given up on it as I couldn't even do the first move.
Still today, sending it didn't go without a fight. Some very delicate climbing on bad slopers, but much nicer than it looks.
Definitely 7A+ this one!

Fontainebleau - Cuvier Bellevue - Crypte Show 7A(7A+)




The sitstart of "Crypte Show", makes it even nicer and complete.
Even though having done the standing start just before, the final send still took a while.

Fontainebleau - Cuvier Bellevue - Crypte Show (assis) 7B+




I can't describe how good and relieved I felt when walking back to the car.
My head was begging to be disconnected from work and the forest and the climbing had made this possible. I wouldn't want to be without anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment