Saturday, February 24, 2018

February 24, 2018 - Quick update.

Yesterday evening after work, I finally made it through the start of "Vandale" and made some really close attempts!
Just before my body shut down, I even made it up to the last move, but fell off there.
Could be something for soon. I hope!

Today, before having to drive to Belgium late afternoon, I went to Mont Aigu to spend some time in the very hard 7B, "Cosmos", that I tried about two years ago.
Bram (Honorez), who was taking a rest day, joined me.

Just like yesterday with "Vandale", "Cosmos" was a 'close-but-no-cigar'.
I came so close, but somehow managed to fall off the mantle at the end, leaving me without enough energy left for yet another attempt.
I had to let it to go for another time, again.

I contented myself with climbing the nearby "L'Oeuf Cosmique" in the Long Boyau part of the sector.
Visually, the boulder is very nice, but I expected more of the problem itself.
Still some options though on this boulder.

Fontainebleau - Long Boyau - L'Oeuf Cosmique 7A(6C+)




Soon after, we joined Stef (Jacobs) in the main area of Mont Aigu where I did a relatively quick video repeat of the classic "Magma".
A beautiful pillar asking to be climbed!
Back in April 2009, it was my fifth 7A in the forest and I remember it as if it was yesterday.
Strangely enough, I had never taken the time or used an occasion to repeat it for the video.
Until today.

A great, very subtle problem!

Fontainebleau - Mont Aigu - Magma 7A


No comments:

Post a Comment