Friday, February 16, 2018

February 16, 2018 - It was worth it.

Just like I expected, I had to pay for the effort I made on Sunday to climb "Roche Métamorphique".
That same evening and night the flue really kicked in and I was unable to go to work the day after.
The doc wanted to write me home all week, but as I didn't feel that extremely bad at that moment thanks to the Paracetamol I took, I negotiated two days less, until Wednesday.
However, I had to promise that I would work from home if I wasn't 100% yet on Thursday.
Little did I know that the worst was yet to come.
On Wednesday I even felt that bad that I started doubting if it had been all worth it to have climbed on Sunday.

Thursday, after a bad night with high fever, it suddenly started fading and by noon I finally had no fever anymore.
As I had promised the doc, I worked from home yesterday and today to strengthen up.
Late this afternoon, after work, I had enough energy to go check out the recently published "Veuve Noire" in Roche aux Sabots Est, opened by, of course, Tony (Fouchereau).

Even though I wasn't ill anymore, I was out of breath after that short walk to the boulder, which was smaller than I expected.
It's a bit eliminate, so it took me a while before I found a method to get up, but in the end it wasn't as hard as I thought it would.
On the other hand, my heart was racing through my chest when I mantled up. It reminded me that I'm still recovering from the flue.

Walking back, I felt quite good again, thought about the past week and decided that it was worth it.

Fontainebleau - Roche aux Sabots Est - Veuve Noire 7C(7B+)


No comments:

Post a Comment