Sunday, February 18, 2018

February 18, 2018 - Finishing some business.

Last weekend I had to let go of "Atome Crochu" because I started feeling ill and weak.
It was a shame, because I had fallen off the last move twice and an ascent was imminent, but the flue had decided differently.

Yesterday I had to go to Belgium, but being able to leave back home already early this morning, allowed me about half a day of time for climbing.
Upon arrival back home, I was surprised by the dense fog that was still lingering low above the ground and for a moment I worried that maybe nothing would dry up despite the predictions of a sunny day.

When I parked at Canche aux Merciers, determined to finish "Atome Crochu", I took precautions and went to have a look at the state of the boulders without crashpad first.
To my pleasant surprise, the boulder was dry, but the conditions needed to get a bit better.
I decided to get the crashpad and wait it out for a while.
By the time I arrived back, the sun had started peaking through the fog, which dissipated fast.
The boulder was catching some sun and the conditions were becoming very good.

I took my time in between tries but suddenly, about twenty minutes later, I made it up to the last move, prepared for the dynamic move, mumbled to myself to stick it this time, went for it and stuck without hesitation.
I had finally done "Atome Crochu".

Great problem, but quite morpho though!

Fontainebleau - Canche aux Merciers - Atome Crochu 7B+




I spent the remainder of the afternoon in Apremont Ouest and Apremont Butte aux Dames and I was able to climb the relatively new "Le Capitaine de l'Espace (assis)" relatively quickly.
Some nice moves, but I have my doubts about the proposed grade.
It felt more like a soft, but nice 7B.

Fontainebleau - Apremont Ouest - Le Capitaine de l'Espace (assis) 7B+


No comments:

Post a Comment