Wednesday, February 21, 2018

February 21, 2018 - Quite a surprise!

The sky has finally cleared up and it's forecasted to be sunny but up to extremely cold for at least a week.
With about 6°C today, it wasn't that cold yet, but it was dry and I could almost smell that the conditions would be good.
I had to work though, so it was already close to 17h30 when I parked at Franchard Isatis. Not much, but still enough time of daylight left with this clear sky to be able to work a bit in "Sur-Prises".
At only 50m from the parking and the first boulder on the path when entering the Isatis area, it's probably the most known or most seen boulder of Franchard. Sometimes unnoticed, but seen for sure.

I really can't count for sure how many short sessions I had already spent on it without sticking the move to the second sloper, but it must be a lot.
For some reason, most likely the good conditions, this evening, after barely fifteen minutes of trying, I suddenly stuck it!
Surprised as I was, I tried not to panic when I realised that I didn't really know what to do next, but I remained focussed and topped it out.

Very glad and quite surprised with having done this classic!

Fontainebleau - Franchard Isatis - Sur-Prises 7C(7B+)


No comments:

Post a Comment