Friday, February 24, 2017

February 24, 2017 - Honoured be thy name again.

I had a day off work today because my dad was supposed to come over for the weekend and arrive by train today, but due to "shitty" circumstances, it had to be postponed.
Luckily, the weather was nice and after some babysitting in the morning, I went to Cuvier Ouest with one goal in mind, "Multipass".

Before I installed the camera, I gave it some tries to see if I still remembered the sequence up to the last move, the one that I was never able to do before.
Just like all the other times I have tried "Multipass", I got stuck at the last move again.
That was, until I changed my method by using the mini crimp on the arete with my nails finally finished the problem ... But the camera wasn't recording.
No matter what I tried, I just couldn't find the motivation again to let those sharp crimps cut deep into my upper skin.

The clouds were getting dark from time to time, so I moved 10m further to "Comme un Petit Animal".
Last time I was in Cuvier Ouest, I worked out a sequence together with Simon (De Meester) but the conditions weren't good enough to give it some real attempts.
Now they were though and I wanted to take advantage of them now because I had felt some tiny drops in the meantime.

I still remembered the moves, but executing them until the end required a lot of energy, and I was in a rush, because it had started to rain lightly by now.
This felt hard.

Fontainebleau - Cuvier Ouest - Comme un Petit Animal 7B(7B+)




By the time I had packed up, it was raining that hard that I had to find shelter.
It lasted only a couple of minutes, but it was long enough to make everything wet.
With the wind and the dry air though, I was confident that it would dry soon.

While I gave it the time to dry, I decided to have another look for the somewhere nearby 7B+ "L'Intouvable".
I searched for quite a while, but in the end I honoured it's name again. I couldn't find it, so I headed to the quick drying "Makhno" boulder in Cuvier Nord. I still wanted to do "Ludus" on it.
Last week when I did "Phoenix", the crimps of "Ludus" where too humid to even try, but now, despite the rain shower, it was already dry and the crimps felt sticky when I checked them.

I tried the start of "Ludus" over a year ago, but I was tired and I could barely get my feet off the ground, let alone do the move to the crimps.
Somehow, this time, I started with my right foot against the wall, which immediately felt more comfortable.
It went down on my second attempt.
Besides the first move, it felt very soft for the grade.

Fontainebleau - Cuvier Nord - Ludus 7B+(7B)




Even though it I made it on my second attempt, I did have to put quite some strength into topping out "Ludus".
I took a short break and warmed up a bit in the sun that come out in the meantime.
As soon as I had recovered some energy, it was time to try the variation "Ludus (sans convention)", which I did on my first attempt.
I'm not 100% sure if what I did was entirely correct, but then again, there's no convention.

Fontainebleau - Cuvier Nord - Ludus (sans convention) 7B




It's really a pity that I wasn't able to get "Multipass" on film, because in that case I would have published my 600th YouTube video today.
It will hopefully be tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment