Saturday, April 6, 2024

April 06, 2024 - Too late for Christmas.

I was eager to try "Voluptueuses" in Long Boyau Ouest today, but was greatly disappointed to discover the lower slopey ledge for the first moves of the original sitstart to be wet. There was some wind and the ledge was about to get some sun, but I knew that this wouldn't dry any time soon, if at all still today. I was able to work out the moves of the upper part though and link them all from a standing start, but the lower ledge was so wet that I couldn't even try the first moves of the sitstart. I decided to publish a video of the quite logical standing start anyway, but will have to go back some day for the sit.

Fontainebleau - Long Boyau Ouest - Voluptueuses (debout) 7B+(7B)



I had to move somewhere else, but decided to stay on the ridge of the hill and try some other problems along the blue path.
"Cadeau de Noël" was one of them and was done quite quickly.

Fontainebleau - Long Boyau Ouest - Cadeau de Noël 7A+



Afterwards, I stopped at "OK Duck", a very high arete being completely my anti style. I always have a hard time keeping my balance on such aretes with as good as nothing for the feet. I saw it as a good occasion to work on my weakness, and after a lot of persistence, was glad to finish it off. A very nice problem.

Fontainebleau - Long Boyau Ouest - OK Duck (assis) 7A+



Looking for some other quite hidden boulders more down the hill, I bumped into a den of about five or six newly born boars. Cute as they were, I quickly took a picture and left as quickly as I good before their mom was back.



No comments:

Post a Comment