Saturday, April 13, 2024

April 13, 2024 - Good vibes.

I was very pleasantly surprised when I got a message from Jan (Gorrebeeck) this morning, asking where I planned to go climbing. It meant that he was nearby, so I invited him for a coffee, after which we both went to the boulder of "Crabe d'Or" in Moigny-sur-Ecole. Just like me, he likes to be in quiet spots and I knew that he would enjoy that boulder.
After a short warmup, I repeated "L'Oreille Cassée" on my first attempt, showing him how to climb this nice line, which he also did, even though requiring a couple attempts more. No surprise since he hadn't built up the muscle memory for it yet and it had been a long time since he climbed in the forest.
The key holds of "Crabe d'Or" were finally dry, the main reason why I had decided to come back to this boulder. We helped each other out, sharing beta possibilities and after some tweaking my method, I was able to top this beauty out.

Fontainebleau - Moigny-sur-Ecole - Crabe d'Or 7B



While Jan was still trying "Crabe d'Or", I worked in and ended up doing the slightly harder version "Crabe d'Or (droite)". It had become quite hot in the meantime though, but the vibes were good. Jan came really close to doing "Crabe d'Or", but had to throw in the towel when he pulled a bad flapper on one of his fingers.

Fontainebleau - Moigny-sur-Ecole - Crabe d'Or (droite) 7B+



To end the session, I still did the easier "Pince d'Or (direct)" on my first attempt, almost immediately followed by Jan.

Fontainebleau - Moigny-sur-Ecole - Pince d'Or (direct) 7A



It was a great session in a great spot on a great boulder and with great company. If Pieter would have been there as well, it would have been complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment