Sunday, January 23, 2022

January 23, 2022 - Beaten to Pulpo.

There was a very light and mild drizzle this morning, not enough to make it actually wet, but it wasn't helping for better conditions neither, on the contrary. Nevertheless, the recently opened and published "Pulpo" in Mont Pivot was good enough to try, as opposed to two weeks ago when I wanted to go try it at first.
I had noticed the boulder still uncleaned a few months ago when I was walking around the area, but even though the boulder looked tempting, I didn't feel like brushing it and kept in the back of my mind for some other time. It was a funny coincidence to see that Fred and Carina had apparently noticed the boulder as well a few weeks later, but they did do the effort of brushing it and opening several problems on it, of which "Pulpo" being the hardest. Fred proposed 7A for it.
For me it rather felt like an established 7A+. A very nice short problem, but definitely not a give-away.

Fontainebleau - Mont Pivot - Pulpo 7A

No comments:

Post a Comment