Sunday, June 20, 2021

June 20, 2021 - Been a while.

It's been a while since my last post, but that doesn't mean that I haven't been climbing. True, due to some personal things going on and also because of the hot weather, the climbing was a bit less. Also, the times that I was climbing, I was either working in "King", or did some repetitions close to home.
A few weeks ago, Jean-Hervé (Baudot), showed me a video of him falling off the last move of "King" and even though it was difficult to understand, I now have quite some video footage of me falling off that same move or the one before, past the crux of the problem. The crazy thing is that I can finish it nearly every time when starting in the middle of the roof, and despite cruising through the first part when coming from the start, until the crux, it is just hard to finish after all those powerful moves. It's only a matter of time before I will tick this beauty off.
Today, I needed a break from "King" and went back to the nearby Justice de Noisy. It didn't really matter what I was going to climb, so there was no pressure at all.
Started with "Les Arkadiens (assis)", a problem that I underestimated. Finding a working method took some time and even then it still felt hard. Hard for the grade, even for 7A+.

Fontainebleau - Justice de Noisy - Les Arkadiens (assis) 7A(7A+)



Finished with "Chocolat (retour)", a short and somewhat logical traverse, but it did take a good chunk out of my energy levels, enough to call it a day after I struggled my way through.

Fontainebleau - Justice de Noisy - Chocolat (retour) 7B+



I hope to be back with a video of "King" next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment