Saturday, February 20, 2021

February 20, 2021 - Releasing some air.

With the beautiful Spring-like weather that was announced, I had taken a few days off work to do some garden work, clean out our barn and of course do some climbing alongside.
Thursday morning looked pretty good, but by the time that I finished cleaning out the barn, it had rained and everything stayed wet for the rest of the day. But at least the barn was finished. Friday I went back to hopefully finish "La Voie Active (gauche)", but as the crimp under the roof was wet, it wasn't possible, so I started trying "S'Asseoir sur le Passé", in which I fell off the very last move many times until the skin decided to call it a day.
This morning, a Saturday, with beautiful weather forecasted, and temperatures up to 18°C, it was a known fact that the forest would be extremely crowded today, which it did turn out to be in the afternoon. My muscles felt soar from yesterday, but I wanted to keep moving and at the same time take a break from the boulder from yesterday in Mont Pivot. During the numerous rainy weekends in the months before, I had walked around a lot and for instance noticed this small nice roof boulder about 100m behind and to the left of "Traffic" in Bois des Hauts de Milly. I had brushed off a first wet layer of moss two weeks ago, so it probably only needed another swift brushing and towel slapping to be able to try something on it.





Only one side of the boulder was completely dry, but I was able to open the short problem that I imagined when I first noticed the mossy boulder. It's not as hard as I hoped, but "Aire de Repos" is probably about 6C+(7A), depending on your reach or height. Probably harder for smaller climbers.
There still is a possibility to open a line that with a sitstart completely left with the edge of the roof, follow the edge to the left and exit in the middle or on the other side of the roof. Unfortunately, the right side of the boulder was wet.
This nice little roof is located at about 50-100m behind and to the left of "Traffic", behind a little chaos of small boulders, on the top of a small hill.

Fontainebleau - Bois des Hauts de Milly - Aire de Repos 6C+(7A)

No comments:

Post a Comment