Sunday, February 7, 2021

February 07, 2021 - Little action lately.

It has been raining for weeks now and the rare dry moments were not in favor of the time I had available for climbing. I have been walking a lot though, discovering parts of the forest that I hadn't been to yet and seeing quite some wildlife in the remote areas that I always found myself in. 
This morning there was finally a less wet window and with the noticeable amount of wind, I set off early but didn't go too far. I was hoping that the wind would have blown the boulder of "La Voie Active" dry enough to be able to do real attempts of Manuel Marquès' variations from the start. Even though the right side of the boulder was now dry and in good conditions, the key crimp under the roof was still moist. I was able to climb the first part up to crimp, but couldn't hold it long enough to make any good links into where I started crouching last time. 
Being able to do the first part up to the crimp quite easily again, I had built up the confidence even more for a next time when the crimp is completely dry.
I did top another variation of which I couldn't find any existing information. The higher holds in the wall didn't look very used neither, but it's hard to imagine that it hasn't been done before. Not claiming a first ascent, but due to the lack of information, I named it "La Voie Passive" for the time being. Grade could be around 6C, hard to tell.
Sitstart as for "La Voie Active" and exit directly in the wall above. It was fun and it felt nice to top something.

Fontainebleau - Mont Pivot - La Voie Passive 6C

1 comment:

  1. Goe bezig Fille!
    Groeten vanuit snowy Belgium

    ReplyDelete