Sunday, January 12, 2020

January 12, 2020 - Movement.

It was cold and little humid this morning, but sun was out and the weather looked promising. However, by the time I arrived at J.A. Martin after doing some household, light grey clouds had taken over and the sun couldn't get through. It didn't bother me much, as long as it didn't rain.
I didn't have any particular problem in mind that I wanted to try, but was more focused on trying some of the many new lines published recently.
Not everything was dry enough, but "Le Syndrome de Kessler" was, and I felt like trying the 7A "Le Syndrome de Kessler (du bas)".
I hadn't watched the video of it online, but according to what I remembered, it started from the ground with crimps; not from the small boulder in front of it. Apparently, it does start sitting on the small boulder, in the middle of the wall and then goes to the right arete.
I thus renamed the video to "Le Syndrome de Kessler (du sol)", of which the grade will be about the same.

Fontainebleau - J.A. Martin - Le Syndrome de Kessler (du sol) 7A




On the boulder directly above "Le Syndrome de Kessler", the traverse "SolarStratose" was completely dry.
Normally I wouldn't immediately go trying a traverse, but this line looks so natural and logical to follow that it hardly feels like climbing a traverse.
A very nice line.

Fontainebleau - J.A. Martin - SolarStratose 7A+




Even less, I would start trying a traverse that has a "rallongé" to it, an extended version, but here also, besides my arms being totally pumped on the top, I really liked doing those moves.

Fontainebleau - J.A. Martin - SolarStratose (rallongé) 7B+


No comments:

Post a Comment