Saturday, November 9, 2019

November 09, 2019 - Here and there.

Rain, rain and more rain. Lots of it.
It was tense until this morning, but as soon as I woke up, I was delighted to see that no rain was predicted for the day. My best chances for some rays of sun were, according my weather app, around Barbizon, so I headed off to Apremont. Vallon de Sully to be precise.
It was grey, no sun to be seen and the air felt humid when I parked at the buvette, there even was still some fog.
Far from promising, but I had all day ahead of me and hoped for the best. After all, it was barely 10h in the morning so I could take my time.

Most boulders in the spread out area weren't wet anymore, but still felt damp from the morning dawn. "Le Pouce" however was doable.

Fontainebleau - Apremont Vallon de Sully - Le Pouce 7A




The next two hours, until just after noon, I spent trying the beautiful "Parenthèse", but fell off the last moves many, many times. One time I even had the final big hold, but slid off with wet fingers.
One I definitely will go back for when conditions are better.

After a long break, in the form of moving to Cuvier Est, I managed to make a quick ascent of "Nile Delta (assis)" and noticed that despite my long arms, I still came short for the first move of "Echoes (assis)".

Fontainebleau - Cuvier Est - Nile Delta (assis) 7A+




By coincidence, Jean-Pierre (Roudneff) walked by and we both made a flash ascent of a nearby arete on slopers and crimps. Only about 6B(6C), but one that apparently Grand Master Philippe Le Denmat wasn't able to do. He must have overlooked something.

Before going back home, I stopped at J.A. Martin with the intention of trying the real sitstart of "Yoshi & Yuki".
The conditions there were way better than elsewhere and with the help of a bad toehook that I found for the left foot, I made the (probably) first ascent of the real sitstart.

Fontainebleau - J.A. Martin - Yoshi & Yuki (assis) 7A+


No comments:

Post a Comment