Friday, January 18, 2019

January 18, 2019 - Check.

The days are slowly but steadily getting longer again, which leaves me with almost an hour daylight left on Friday after work.
I used the occasion to stop at Gorge aux Châts on my way home. I didn't have anything particular in mind, but the area being so close to the parking would save a lot of walking time.

The conditions weren't very good because of the rain from last night, and the lack of time didn't really motivate me to go for something real hard. I did sit down in the new and very hard "No Comply", opened recently by Olivier Lebreton, and worked for a bit in "La Grande Caravane", until my eye fell on "Opéra Tchétchène".

I had already done the easier "Opéra Tchétchène (raccourci)" a long time ago, but despite the few times that I tried "Opéra Tchétchène", I had never made it through to the end on the left. I must admit that the fear of falling on the boulder below me did play a role in that.
Today was no different. I didn't feel at ease while hanging above that boulder, but I tried to keep calm, swung my foot up and luckily found a quite good, but wet hold far up and pulled myself on it.
Glad to check this pretty nice line off and that I only needed one attempt for it today.

Fontainebleau - Gorge aux Châts - Opéra Tchétchène 7A+


No comments:

Post a Comment