Sunday, January 13, 2019

January 13, 2018 - Condensation!

I had high hopes that the Winter wouldn't be one like we had last year, but unfortunately it's already well on its way.
Just like last weekend, and the one before, the conditions were dominated by heavy condensation due to the rising temperature. Today we even made it to 12°C!
There had been quite some wind last night though, which continued on this morning, but leaving early to 91.1 before possible rain was in vain.
Despite the wind, the boulders were still soaking wet from top to bottom, just like yesterday, and I had no choice but to do a walk again or go back home and try again later.
I chose the latter.

A few hours later, I decided to give it a try in J.A. Martin. There I was able to find one dry boulder of interest, the small one with "Le Toit du Ninja Blanc", which was catching all the wind on that small hill.
There was only one (easier) line on it that I hadn't done before, so I decided to go back to the parking and get my gear. Being almost certain that I wouldn't find any boulder in climbable condition, I had left everything in the car.
"Le Ninja Blanc Bec" isn't something I normally would  go back to the car for, but at least I would be doing something else than walking and watching one wet boulder after the other.
It was quickly done.

Fontainebleau - J.A. Martin - Le Ninja Blanc Bec 6C+(6C)




To keep the fun going and stay busy, I stayed for a while longer and repeated "Le Toit du Ninja Blanc" too, again.

Fontainebleau - J.A. Martin - Le Toit du Ninja Blanc 7A (repeat)




On the way home, I walked over to 91.1 again, but again in vain. Everything was still soaking wet!

No comments:

Post a Comment