Monday, October 30, 2017

October 30, 2017 - Sticky rock.

Maarten (Robays) and his nephew Milo (Robays) are visiting for a couple of days.
Milo sat in the same elementary classes as my oldest son Anthony, and it was a good occasion for both of them to meet up and share early childhood memories. And of course do what 14 year olds do at that age.

Me and Maarten went climbing and started at Mont Blanc where I wanted to finally finish off "Le Homard / Bouddha Assis" now that the wind and better conditions had returned.
The wind had blown all the holds dry now and the friction felt good.
It's a very nice line of which I'm very glad to tick this off!

Fontainebleau - Mont Blanc - Le Homard / Bouddha Assis 7B




Maarten wanted to climb something easier and making a detour via Mont Simonet, we arrived back at Éléphant where we did some fun and easy climbing in the sun.

On the way back home, I drove to Bois du Rocher to see if "Thunderbolt" would be dry.
Yesterday I had a look too, but it was still too humid to even try.
Luckily, now, it was dry and in surprisingly good condition for a problem facing North.
In fact, the conditions were so good that I came really close to flashing it, but couldn't because of bad beta and a foot slip.
After a short break, it went down, but I was out of breath when I got there.

It felt soft for the grade, but still it is a beautiful line with great moves!

Fontainebleau - Bois du Rocher - Thunderbolt 7C


No comments:

Post a Comment