Friday, October 27, 2017

October 27, 2017 - From last to first.

The fog was less dense this morning, and by noon, the skies were clearing up above Apremont Désert.
I was looking for the boulder with "La Corne de Rhino", the last boulder of the area when coming from the parking and looking at the topo.
It's a small boulder in a maze of other smaller boulders and even though the high ferns surrounding them were already brown and dry, they still made it very difficult to wade through.
I had trouble finding the boulder, but after about almost an hour walking up and down, finding my way through the ferns and boulders, I finally found it.

I was able to work out the moves and do them all separately, but couldn't find enough energy anymore to link them all together.
At least, now I know where the boulder is, so next time I will have more energy left upon arrival at it.

On my way back to the main area, I stopped at "Burn-Out", which was dry.
It didn't give me much trouble and about fifteen minutes later, I stood on the top.
Nice problem, but felt more like a 7B at most.

Fontainebleau - Apremont Désert - Burn-Out 7B+




I still wanted to try "Dracarys" in the beginning of the area, but as that was wet, I ended up trying "Astérix (droite)" on the first boulder of the area when coming from the parking.
It's a small boulder and the problem looks easy, but in the end, it gave me quite some trouble to start.
All in all, this line on that small boulder felt quite hard for the grade. Or I must have been tired.

Fontainebleau - Apremont Désert - Astérix (droite) 7A


No comments:

Post a Comment