Friday, July 14, 2017

July 14, 2017 - Terminated.

I went back to Éléphant early this morning as the weather was looking good and I wanted to climb before the crowds would arrive. After all, the 14th of July is Bastille Day, a public holiday in France.

Somehow I couldn't find the motivation to really try hard in "Le Lépreux (direct assis)", so I gave up after a few tries.
I was more interested in the nearby "Terminator" upon which my eye fell on when I was waiting in vain for the drizzle to stop yesterday morning.
It's a very nice prow with crimps and slopers and I find it hard to believe why it receives such a low star rating of 2.8 on bleau.info.

It is quite my style and it didn't take me a lot of tries, but the end was a bit sketchy because of having the sun full in my eyes and I had to slap blindly to the next holds.
I got there, but it did take me more energy than expected.

Fontainebleau - Éléphant - Terminator 7A+




In the afternoon I still made some really good attempts in "Alea Jacta Est (assis)" in Roche aux Oiseaux.
I can quite easily get into the standing start and even reached the crimp of the crux a couple of times.
It's only a matter of trying it from time to time now until when suddenly it all works out just as when I did the standstart a while ago.
It is a very powerful problem though and it felt like I had been terminated when I arrived back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment