Sunday, July 9, 2017

July 09, 2017 - Surfin' in the forest.

It wasn't as hot as yesterday, but with the mostly cloudy weather, the air felt hot and damp. Every move would make you sweat.
With the surfing holiday still in me, I deliberately chose to try "Le Surfin'" in Apremont Haut des Gorges.
A nearby very loud garden party had kept me awake until 2 o'clock, so I woke up later than expected and it was already hot when I arrived at the small roof.

I had tried "Le Surfin'" on the one time that I visited the area shortly after it was made public in 2015, but with all the new problems out there, I didn't spend much time on it as it felt hard.
It still felt hard, but I was able to work out all the separate moves and even though linking it all together felt hard, I did manage to do so after a while.
I must admit that it was the name of it that kept pushing me.

Fontainebleau - Apremont Haut des Gorges - Le Surfin' 7A+




I tried some other harder problems here and there, couldn't finish them, but I was able to grasp an ascent of "Phase Lunaire" on the other side of the area when going back to the car.
A 7B that consists of a mantle on non existing holds, but where it's all about balance and finding the friction.
It proved that my mantle skills are quite good on this one, as I was able to make it on my second attempt.
Nice typical Bleau style problem!

Fontainebleau - Apremont Haut des Gorges - Phase Lunaire 7B


No comments:

Post a Comment