Thursday, January 26, 2017

January 26, 2016 - Keep 'em coming!

Despite that the conditions must have been amazing this week, I didn't climb since Monday until today. Too much work had refrained me from it, but today, thanks to the days getting longer again, I was able to spend about 45 minutes climbing after work.

I parked at a deserted Cuvier to profit from the good conditions and try "Out of the Blue" which requires good conditions, because those bad slopers depend on the friction.
It has been opened last Summer by our Belgian friends Jan (De Smit), Igor (Depoorter) and Tim Brijs.
I was amazed that such a beautiful line in the middle of Cuvier could remain untouched for so long. Then again, it is quite well hidden between some boulders and behind some bushes.

The first time I tried "Out of the Blue" was somewhere in November when the conditions in Cuvier Rempart were excellent, but unfortunately the topout of "Out of the Blue" was mossy and wet and I fell off the mantle while looking for something dry to hold on to.
I knew that I could do it, but not with a wet topout and me being too exhausted already after my many attempts.
Now the topout was dry, but it still took me the full 45 minutes before I was able to stick the top slopers and mantle out.

Great find by Jan, Igor and Tim! Keep 'em coming!
Some other day I will go back to the problem to try the sitstart, also opened by them and given 7C.

Fontainebleau - Cuvier - Out of the Blue 7B+


1 comment:

  1. Bonjour Filip,
    On s'est croisé une fois au Bas Cuvier : je revenais de Makhno et tu étais sur Corto Maltèse.
    J'aimerais aller grimper aujourd'hui mais j'habite à côté des Ulis et je n'ai pas envie de faire la route pour trouver de mauvaises conditions. Comme je sais que tu habites tout près des sites, je me permets ce petit mail pour te demander si tu peux m'indiquer si ce sera grimpable à Gorge à Véron aujourd'hui.
    PS : pour ne pas polluer ton blog, voici mon email : pascalf@infonie.fr.
    Merci d'avance si tu vois ce message et si tu peux y répondre.
    Et bravo pour ton blog !

    ReplyDelete