Wednesday, December 21, 2016

December 21, 2016 - Ibuprofen.

I had a day off today, but unfortunately I woke up coughing and having a fever. With Sandra and Noah at home having the flu, it had to be my turn now.
I had a cup of coffee, skipped breakfast, took some Ibuprofen to get the fever down and headed off for Canche aux Merciers and some other nearby climbing areas.

Most boulders in Canche aux Merciers were still too humid to be climbed, but I did find the crack of "La Grande Marche" dry. The top jug was damp but good enough.
The Ibuprofen still had to start working, I felt weak, had cold fingers but still I was able to do it relatively fast.
It's a really nice problem, but soft for the grade in my opinion.

Fontainebleau - Canche aux Merciers - La Grande Marche 7A+




With everything else of interest being unclimbable, I packed up and crossed the street towards Drei Zinnen.
There, everything was dry and in quite good conditions. Even "Ordalie" was dry enough, but first I wanted to finish off "Pantoum".

The key crimp was dry and didn't feel slippery unlike a couple of weeks ago when I worked out all the moves together with Pieter.
Having the moves still in my head, the body followed quickly and when I stood on the boulder, it all felt not that hard. It went like a flow.

Fontainebleau - Drei Zinnen - Pantoum 7B




As I mentioned earlier, even "Ordalie" was dry enough to finally try it.
Already a couple of times I stood looking at the problem with the holds being too wet to try.
The top jugs felt damp but they were good jugs so I didn't worry about that.

I already had seen some videos of it, so I knew the beta.
It didn't feel as hard as I expected, I did it on my second attempt.

Fontainebleau - Drei Zinnen - Ordalie 7A




The fever was as good as gone by now, thanks to the Ibuprofen, but I had short breath and needed a break.
I used the break to walk back to car and drive to Bois Rond Auberge down the road.
The boulder with "Incassable" would certainly be dry.
I wanted to try "Incassable" (French word for "unbreakable") to show that the fever and the flu can't get me down, they can't break me.
Ironically it turned out to be too hard, so I started trying "St Anger" next to it to finish off for today.

Apologies for the bad camera placement, but there were not many possibilities and I thought I had everything on it.
The sideways dyno to a good jug is not that difficult, but holding on to the swing afterwards felt really hard!
Too bad it's not in view, but I had to dyno from the left foot while my right one was already hooked behind a vertical ledge to be able to stop the swing.
This one felt hard for the grade.

Fontainebleau - Bois Rond Auberge - St Anger 7A+




I was exhausted now and wanted to go home to rest, the fever was coming up again.
But first, I stopped at the pharmacy for some more Ibuprofen.

No comments:

Post a Comment