Wednesday, December 7, 2016

December 07, 2016 - Bye bye.

Next week I have to fly to Hamburg a few days for work, so I took a day off today, hoping I could do a lot of climbing.
My mind was set on trying "L'Oeil de la Sybille", a 7C+ on the big roof of "Eclipse" in Cul de Chien.

While I was walking through the forest, just before noon, it quickly became obvious that it was wet.
We didn't have any rain for a while now, but the air humidity was about 100% and the mist during the night had given the rock a dark wet look.
I kept on hoping though, that what I wanted to try would be dry out there in the sun.

The part of the topout of the boulder that was catching sun was dry, but all te holds in the roof underneath were either wet or very damp.
The topout in the shade, there where "L'Oeil de la Sybille" finishes was wet too.

The only completely dry problem on the boulder was "La Noirâtre", which was fully exposed to the sun, so I started trying the crouching start of it instead.
The first move is a hard one, but as soon as I was able to stick, I climbed it to the top.
Not the nicest problem around, but at least it was dry and I was able to finish something.

Fontainebleau - Cul de Chien - La Noirâtre (accroupi) 7A+(7B)




I did still try the separate moves of "L'Oeil de la Sybille", can do all of them, linked some together, but I didn't bother trying the whole thing, because by the time I arrived at the dyno, my hands were all wet.
I'll come back for it one day.

My effort going to 95.2 turned out for nothing, because there also, it was wet.
Bye bye perfect conditions from last week.
At least I finally met Grégoire Thibault, who also tried his chances in 95.2, but in vain.

No comments:

Post a Comment