Saturday, March 30, 2024

March 30, 2024 - One of many.

Despite it had been raining a lot yesterday evening and last night, my main goal was to avoid the crowds, so I went to one of the most interesting boulders in the relatively unknown area of Moigny-sur-Ecole, the one with "Oreille Cassée". I had scouted this sector two weeks ago to be prepared, so luckily I knew where to go and get to the boulder quite easily. I didn't really expect it to be dry, but I was hoping for at least the holds under the roof to be dry, so I could try some of those moves.
Obviously, most of the boulder was soaking wet, but just as I had hoped, the holds under the roof were perfectly dry. On top of that, it looked like the only line, and mainly its topout, looked to be drying. Using a small ventilator, I gave the top slopers some wind while I started working out the moves under the roof, which only took me maybe five minutes. I had to be patient for the slopers on the top to feel dry. Nothing that can break off that part of the boulder, so as soon as I saw fit, I gave it a real go, only to slide off the last move. I had to be a bit more patient. 
About ten minutes later, I tried again and topped out.

Fontainebleau - Moigny-sur-Ecole - L'Oreille Cassée 7B



There quite a few more lines on this boulder that I wanted to try, but the rest of the boulder doesn't seem to dry very quick, so I contented myself by doing the lower moves of "Crabe d'Or". At least I already know those now, and as I'm able to do the whole first part, sending it should be almost a formality next time, when it's completely dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment