Friday, March 13, 2020

March 13, 2020 - Lockdown.

The world is in a lockdown. At least, that's a bit how it feels with everything that's going. Yesterday evening the president of France announced drastic measures such as closing all schools and universities for at least two weeks. Just like many countries had already decided before and others, such as Belgium and Germany followed.
Some countries even decided to close hotels, restaurants, bars and even shops. The crowd with full carts at the supermarkets here, show that a lot of people fear the same will happen here too. It reminded me of a scene out of an apocalyptic movie.

Anyway, having a day off today, I had some time to go the forest for a climb and be away from all the fuss and the Corona talk.
I don't know why, but for some reason, my right wrist hurts with most movements, not much, but enough to not feel at my strongest. The motivation however, was very present and I decided to go for some less hard boulders in Apremont Butte aux Peintres.

I started off in back end of the area and only needed a handful of attempts to finish "Une Pensée pour les Petits".
The conditions weren't as good as I hoped though.

Fontainebleau - Apremont Butte aux Peintres - Une Pensée pour les Petits 7A




Found some better conditions in the center of  the area, but even though it basically only consists of two moves, "Bi Movie" was harder than it looked at first sight.

Fontainebleau - Apremont Butte aux Peintres - Bi Movie 7A+(7A)




"Gecko Tokay (direct)" only needed two attempts, but it was sketchy until the very end. Hard to see on the video though.

Fontainebleau - Apremont Butte aux Peintres - Gecko Tokay (direct) 7A(7A+)




The slopers were taking their toll on my wrist and even though I still tried a few more problems, I couldn't get any top out of it anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment