Saturday, March 7, 2020

March 07, 2020 - Not a traverse.

My good friend Pieter is leaving for a one year trip in a few weeks and this weekend was his last weekend that he could come over to the forest. Sadly enough, due to circumstances, I only had until early afternoon, but we made the best out of it.
We chose a nice spot on the crest of Mont Pivot, to try "Limparfait du Subversif". Even though it's not a new problem at all and at only a few minutes from my doorstep, I hadn't seen or tried this one before, mostly due to the fact that in most topo's and on bleau.info, it's categorized as a traverse.
It does climb about two meters to the right, from the start, but it's such an obvious and logical line that it doesn't feel like climbing a traverse at all. A very nice line that both Pieter and I were able to finish quite quickly.

Fontainebleau - Mont Pivot - L'Imparfait du Subversif 7B(7A+)




Pieter did need more time though, so in the meantime, I worked on and did a slightly more direct version of "L'Imparfait du Subversif".
My first thought on the grade is a small 7A, but needs to be confirmed.

Fontainebleau - Mont Pivot - L'Imparfait du Subversif (direct) 7A


No comments:

Post a Comment