Friday, February 22, 2019

February 22, 2019 - When motivation takes over.

Finally I was able to enjoy the beautiful weather again that it has been already for a whole week.
Long days at work had prevented me from going out, but this afternoon I was able to compensate some hours and enjoy some climbing in the forest.

For some time, I had my mind set on trying "Kric-Crak" on a beautiful impressive boulder in Rocher des Souris, but had never dared to really try it.
A few years ago, I once tried it until one hand was on the big undercling, but totally chickened out.
The line had never really left my mind though and for long I was waiting for good conditions, an extra crashpad and a good spotter.

I had an extra crashpad, the conditions were quite good, but I had no good spotter.
That's, however, when motivation took over and I found myself standing in front of the huge boulder, determined to give it all what I had and hopefully finish it too.

The impressive boulder of "Kric-Crak"Simply beautiful!

I was surprised how pretty relaxed I still was when holding the slopey arete, but immediately afterwards, found out that the crux was still to come. 
Reaching for the far crimp right hand wasn't as easy as it looked like on the two videos that I saw.
I had first tried Manuel Marquès' method, but that seemed impossible, so I started spending time on trying Luca Modoni's method, but that didn't work out either.
Trying to find an own method seemed to get me closer, but not close enough.
Half an hour later, when I tried Manuel's method again, I suddenly had the crimp, but was kind of spooked by it and slid off.
The attempt after, I stuck the crimp again and made it through to the top with a great relief. 
Such a magnificent line on such a beautiful boulder in a breathtaking scenery.
I was completely disconnected.

Fontainebleau - Rocher des Souris - Kric-Crak 7B


No comments:

Post a Comment