Friday, February 8, 2019

February 08, 2019 - Be the judge.

Finally after ten days of bad weather and recovering from a bad back after a work related trip to Barcelona, I was able to head to the forest this evening after work.
It's already very noticeable that the days are getting longer, and even with this clouded light grey sky, I knew that I had at least of climbing time ahead of me.
I went straight to Apremont Ouest to check some the new boulders that were recently published.
In the short time that I had, I had a look at all of them, but only decided to try "Soleil du Nord" today.

As I'm still recovering from a back injury, I didn't want to try to much on the "Soleil du Nord" itself, which exits on the right of the rounded top.
I did manage to do the other versions quite quickly, but somehow I have the impression that those grades got mixed up according to their description.

"Soleil du Nord (direct)" mantles up almost straight up.
This felt more like a soft 7A.

Fontainebleau - Apremont Ouest - Soleil du Nord (direct) 7A+(7B)




"Soleil du Nord (gauche)" climbs the arete and exits on the left of the rounded top, so I mantled up higher, to the left of the rounded top.
This felt closer to a hard 7A, maybe 7A+ in my opinion.

Fontainebleau - Apremont Ouest - Soleil du Nord (gauche) 6B+(6C)




Don't let the videos be the judge, but head out there, try them and be the judge yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment