Monday, April 11, 2016

April 11, 2016 - Something with an eye.

While we were having diner, it rained a bit and the streets were wet.
I had a top stress day today at work and I was desperate to climb to let it all out. If it weren't for that, I probably would have stayed at home after this rain shower.
But I was stubborn and left anyway. 

It was already 20h15 when I left, so I wouldn't have much daylight left.
Something close by was the plan, and Roche aux Oiseau was an option, hoping that the leaves would have sheltered the boulders from the short rain shower.
Moreover, I saw that something new was recently opened on the boulder of "Morphine", so even if it would have been wet, at least I could see the holds and imagine the moves.

It was a bit of a surprise to see that most boulders were indeed still quite dry and from "Oeil à l'Arête", only the starting hold was wet.
I dried it with my towel and after a few tries it was as good as dry.

I worked out the first moves and had to hurry for my real attempts as it was getting dark.
Then, when I didn't expect it, I was past what was, as far as I knew, the crux and I decided at the moment to continue, even though I had no idea if the next holds were going to be good or bad.

You can probably hear it on my breath, but I really had to breath deeply to keep myself calm to not fall out of the problem.
The pressure was high, as there probably was not going to be enough light anymore for another attempt.
I really was scared when I swung my left hand up, hoping that what I was going for was a jug. It was a desperate swing, so it better be a jug.
Luckily it was.

The name has the French word for 'eye' in it and on the way back home, I was thinking of a title for the blogpost. It had to be something with an eye.

Fontainebleau - Roche aux Oiseaux - Oeil à l'Arête 6C+(7A)


No comments:

Post a Comment