Sunday, April 23, 2017

April 23, 2017 - Find the method.

This morning I met Pieter, Bram (Honorez), his girlfriend Ruuth, Jan (de Smit) and his girlfriend Nataleigh at the bivouac of the Hippodrome de la Solle where they spent the night and after a short discussion, the decision was made to explore Cuvier Bellevue.
I had been there a couple of times already the past week, but the others were not and there was still more than enough to try.

"Stabilisateur d'Humeur" for example, is something I had tried briefly a couple of days ago, and even though it looks like a small and easy boulder that you're about to flash, I had to leave it undone.
I just couldn't find the correct method to position and stabilise my body enough for the last dynamic move to the good edge.
Each time the edge looked so close and each at the crucial moment, either the hand or the foot would slip. Very frustrating!

Jan started his first try with the same feeling I had, but as soon as he sat down and wanted to lift his butt from the ground, he had to admit that it might take a bit longer than expected.
We all ended trying one after the other, trying to figure out a method, until Nataleigh showed us how it was done from the standstart.
Now it was just a matter of linking the sit to the stand.

It didn't turn out to be much of a problem anymore, because two tries later I was proud to be the first one to top out from the sit and repeated it right after again for the video.
Pieter followed soon after, using the same method, but in a much more fascinating statical way.
Jan was the last wagon of the sending train, because Bram had set his mind on something else.

Fontainebleau - Cuvier Bellevue - Stabilisateur d'Humeur 7A+




We still worked for a long time in "Isatix (assis)", in which I found a good method that Jan used and gently climbed his way to the top of "Isatix (droite assis)".
The skin on my fingers was so far gone that they kept on sweating and climbing the whole problem just wasn't possible anymore.

I'm traveling for work next week, so it will be a good time to let my skin and body recover.
It's necessary!

No comments:

Post a Comment