Saturday, February 24, 2024

February 24, 2024 - Craziness from the North.

Last year when the weather was not good enough to climb, I went for a walk around Apremont with Pieter and Jan (Gorrebeeck). When we passed through Apremont Mare aux Biches, we stopped at some boulders, out of which the low roof of "Un Ch'ti Délire", just below the North side of the ridge. It looked impossible to Jan and Pieter, but I remember that I kind of saw a way.
Last Sunday, I finally went to the boulder to give it a try and, to be honest, the far move to the crimp under the roof did really look impossible. Even after I tried it a few times, it still looked impossible. Nevertheless, I didn't give up and after a while I started to change my mind and a while later, I was able to stick it. After that move, your body is under a constant tension and it's still a couple of moves in that position to go to the end. Due to rain, I had to let it go, but I was determined to go back.
After a short warmup this morning, I focused on the move under the roof, and immediately after I was able to do it, I turned on the camera and started giving attempts from the start. Much faster than expected, I was able to finish it.

Fontainebleau - Apremont Mare aux Biches - Un Ch'ti Délire 7C(7B+)



I didn't have much time left anymore, but still got away with a flash of "Déserteur (prolongé)".

Fontainebleau - Apremont Mare aux Biches - Déserteur (prolongé) 7A

No comments:

Post a Comment