Sunday, April 28, 2024

April 28, 2024 - Skin scraping.

Last night's rain cleaned the boulders really well and the strong wind that came after it, made sure that everything was nice and dry. I saw it as a good occasion to go and try some slopey boulders and even though you can hardly find me in the Cuvier areas during the weekend, I did decide to go the mostly calm area of Cuvier Bellevue. I was quite early though and was completely alone, as expected.
My main goal was to try "Goruliak (assis)", a boulder that I had seen being climbed by Denis (Titouan) on his Instagram and it got my attention.
I warmed up with the standing start, which didn't feel very obvious and I had to give it several attempts before getting to the top.

Fontainebleau - Cuvier Bellevue - Goruliak 7A



The sitstart, my main goal, followed not very long after.

Fontainebleau - Cuvier Bellevue - Goruliak (assis) 7C(7B+)



I had loaded the Cuvier Bellevue page on my phone before arriving at the area, so even without any reception there, I was able to look for another boulder to try and decided to go for "Gros-Lanta", not knowing what to expect.
It's a small boulder just out of the center of the area and it looked like it be a quickly done deal at first sight. That turned out to be an absolute overstatement. 
Figuring out how to start almost was a project on itself and even when I found what could be possible, it wasn't easy at all. It took me longer than the previous two problems combined, but I did end up working my way to the top, losing a tremendous amount of skin during the process. Originally opened as 7B, this felt much harder than most other 7B's that I've done, so in my humble opinion, 7B+ feels more appropriate.

Fontainebleau - Cuvier Bellevue - Gros-Lanta 7B+(7B)

No comments:

Post a Comment