Saturday, April 27, 2024

April 27, 2024 - Perfect timing.

It had rained during the night and even while driving towards Rocher Saint-Germain, there were still drops falling on my windshield. I took my time and stopped by the bivouac of the Hippodrome just to get some memories from many years ago and to get a glimpse of how it looked now. I was amazed to see the amount of vans parked right next to the fence of the Hippodrome and the sheer small number of tents on the bivouac terrain itself. I counted four tents and twenty-one vans. Even though those vans are officially not allowed to stand where they were, at least they were doing an effort not staying for the night on a parking illegally.
The main reason I went to Rocher Saint-Germain, was to try the new "Vous en Reprendrez Deux Doigts?" in the Eastern part of the sector. I was amazed by the looks of it when I saw it appearing on bleau.info and knew that I had to go and try it soon. I found the isolated boulder easily, but was a bit surprised about the sketchy landing. As the surface of the top of the boulder was still wet, I had to let it dry and used the time wisely by going back to the car for an extra crashpad. By the time I was back, it was dry.
I worked out the moves separately where I could and as soon as I found a way for the crux, I gave it a go from the start and sent it right immediately. A bit soft for the proposed grade, but a very boulder to climb and very nice moves to get to the top.

Fontainebleau - Rocher Saint-Germain Est - Vous en Reprendrez Deux Doigts? 7C



As the sky was slowly being covered by grey threatening clouds, I decided to move closer to the parking and try "La Vague Scélérate" on a small boulder at the start of the area. I had tried this sloper fest a few times before but always fell off the last move. This boulder requires good conditions. Thanks to last night's rain, the boulder was well rinsed and the slopers felt pretty good. Nevertheless, I needed quite a few attempts to finally make it to the end and on top of this funny lowball. 

Fontainebleau - Rocher Saint-Germain Est - La Vague Scélérate 7B



The clouds looked really threatening by that time and a distant thunder announced an approaching storm. I packed and went back to the car, only to arrive seconds before I could feel the first drops. A perfect timing, because barely a minute later, the clouds broke open and it was raining cats and dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment