Saturday, February 8, 2020

February 08, 2020 - Extra time.

The rain for this weekend was predicted to start only late afternoon, so Pieter took the chance and drove over from Belgium to take advantage from the current good conditions.
We decided to go for open options and went to Rocher du Potala as soon as we were both up and ready to go.
Starting with "Pierre Ponce", of which I was able to work out all the moves now, but the skin on the back of my hand two fingers was so worn and bloody that I had to let go for the day. Pieter also made some really nice attempts and worked it until after the first crux move, but his hands were suffering too much too.

Moving over to the impressive boulder of "Le Surplomb de la Mée", we started working in "La Putain du Diable", which wasn't in as good conditions as the other boulders, but after some tries, and an cold breeze, the holds dried out more. It was at least enough for me to make my way to the top of this magnificent boulder.
No matter what problem, it just felt great to finally top something on that boulder.
Pieter got close, and is definitely able to finish this beauty too, but needs higher energy levels.

Fontainebleau - Rocher du Potala - La Putain du Diable 7C(7B+)




In the meantime, it was already late afternoon, but as there was still no rain in sight, we enjoyed the extra time on that boulder.
I flashed "La Diagonale de la Mémée", but had to admit that it used up the last of my energy.

Fontainebleau - Rocher du Potala - La Diagonale de la Mémée 7A




It has rained this evening and everything is wet as I write, but there is hard wind forecasted for tomorrow, so I hope we can still add some to the extra time.

No comments:

Post a Comment