Last week I apparently did an unconventional exit of "Monster Hugo et Mister Fred" in La Grotte aux Fées, so just before the closure I went back to finish it correctly, by exiting just via the slopers just before the crack on the right. I tried out that exit as a warmup and it didn't feel harder than the exit with the crack on the right. As I still had the sequence of the line in my body, I was able to repeat it on my first attempt, this time exiting with the slopers just before the crack. Indeed felt like the same difficulty.
Fontainebleau - La Grotte aux Fées - Monster Hugo et Mister Fred (par convention) 7A+
Having finished so quicly, I still had quite some time left and moved over to the boulder with "Le Rêve d'Aphrodite". With a overhanging ascending arete to follow, it felt quite my anti-style at first. Especially just stepping into the boulder, trying to keep the body as much as possible under the overhang to avoid slipping of the bad slopers. It was a short learning curve though and I was able to finish it quicker than I expected.
Fontainebleau - La Grotte aux Fées - Le Rêve d'Aphrodite 7A(7A+)
"Le Rêve d'Aphrodite (assis)" uses the boulder on the left for the feet by convention, and even though it added a quite spicy move, this one also this went down relatively quick.
Fontainebleau - La Grotte aux Fées - Le Rêve d'Aphrodite (assis) 7A+
Finally with the time I had left, I decided to walk to the isolated mushroom shaped boulder about 400m to the South of the main sector. Quite hidden between the trees, but easy to find thanks to the small map on bleau.info, I was honestly a bit disappointed by the looks of it, as opposed to what I had seen on the pictures online.
There are many lines on this boulder but only one 'straight-up' in the seventh grade, "EPSilon". It required some cleaning, but once done, I had quickly found a sequence. I had a few footslips on my first couple of attempts, but once it stayed in place, I was able to finish the problem.
There are many lines on this boulder but only one 'straight-up' in the seventh grade, "EPSilon". It required some cleaning, but once done, I had quickly found a sequence. I had a few footslips on my first couple of attempts, but once it stayed in place, I was able to finish the problem.
Fontainebleau - La Grotte aux Fées - EPSilon 7A(7A+)
No comments:
Post a Comment