Sunday, December 31, 2023

December 31, 2023 - Last (good) one of the year.

When I woke up due to heavy wind and rain last night, I didn't expect to be able to climb today, but the sky cleared up this morning and it looked it was drying fast thanks to the sun and an ongoing quite heavy wind. As I had to bring my oldest son to a friend near Buthiers in the early afternoon, I was patient and gave it enough time to dry before heading to Buthiers.My idea was to try "Mac'Arel" and I was delighted to find it in very good conditions despite the problem facing North and being in the shade. The wind had done an excellent job.
"Mac'Arel" shares the same topout as "Paie ton Mac Do" and as I remembered the latter giving me quite a hard time in 2020, I didn't really expect too much of it, but it turned out I didn't need a lot of time to work out the crux again. It was as if my body still remembered what to do, even after more than three years.
Loaded with good confidence, I began trying "Mac'Arel" from the start, but soon realized that it added some difficulty to the crux move when coming from way left. I remained calm and confident though, and sent "Mac'Arel" sooner than expected after all. It was a great and beautiful problem to end the year with. I was satisfied.

Fontainebleau - Buthiers Canard - Mac'Arel 7B+

No comments:

Post a Comment